Monday, April 4, 2016

Preloved to Reloved - Type Construction

A project in my typography class is to experiment with type. With many of my more recent school projects I have decided to include an element of sustainability and this project is no different.

I chose the words "preloved" and "reloved" as I have used them to describe my products made with awesome materials that were originally wanted but nearly ended up in the trash. I want to create a more labor intensive deliverable to push the idea as a "labor of love" project and chose the final pieces to be embroidered.

Each letter will be handdrawn and transcribed with thread.

Here is my process:

v1

v2

v3

v4



All materials used were purchased "preloved" at ScrapPDX
  • Sewing needles
  • Needle thread
  • Scissors
  • Hoop
  • Thread
  • Material


Disclaimer: 
I had no previous experience with embroidery 



Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment